Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evaluation Question Seven

In my Preliminary Task we broke the 180 degree rule. From this, I learnt not to do it in my film opening and made sure not to make the mistake. Because I worked on my own though, it was easier to not break it as there is no scenes where people have a conversation in my film. I used match on action a few times like when I pick up the phone, when I look at the blood on my hand and when I take the knife from the holder. From the prelim I learnt that this is effective as you can see everything that is going on. In the scene where the phone rings, if it would have stayed as a medium shot of me in the kitchen, you wouldn't have seen who was calling. The audience is more interested in the phone ringing at this time than what I am doing and what is going on around me. I used shot reverse shot when Phoebe looks round at the killer and it then goes to a shot of the knife then back to Phoebe. This was used to show what Phoebe is looking at in the shot. I couldn't use it like I did in the prelim as there was wasn't a coversation for it to be used for. I learnt for my editing to be smooth and for things not to jump and make continuity errors. I made sure each shot followed from the last, especially as many of my shots stayed focused on the same thing but changing angle and shot length.

No comments: